MISH'S
Global Economic
Trend Analysis

Recent Posts

Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:06 AM


Not Defending Mosaic


Mish Moved to MishTalk.Com Click to Visit.

There is an article on Seeking Alpha called Trying to Defend Mosaic.

It is attributed to me. The only thing is, I did not write it.

On yet another occasion, Seeking Alpha added a wrong stock symbol for something I wrote about and I received a threatening letter from an attorney of a company over it.

A third major problem I have (and this one occurs frequently) is that Seeking Alpha often combines articles or rewrites them as it sees fit.

I am aware of others with still other problems with Seeking Alpha. I will not list them. And in this case I am sickened by the line "I did a very shoddy back of envelope analysis yesterday on Mosaic (MOS) in terms of cash flow and the ability to completely buy back all its shares."

I have done no such review of Mosaic ever, on my blog or anywhere else. I ask that Seeking Alpha accept this article exactly as written, while putting in the original post a reference to this one and an apology to me.

I do not think that Seeking Alpha should be combining or changing articles as it sees fit, from me or anyone else and it is more than sloppy to attribute articles to the wrong person. Seeking Alpha does not provide any notification of what it uses of mine or anyone else or what is attributed to me.

I am now left wondering what else might be attributed to me that I did not write and what else has been combined or changed in ways I do not agree with.

One way to eliminate such mistakes is to prevent them from happening in the first place. That is what I intend to do.

Seeking Alpha no longer has my permission to use my material.

I am not going to hold any grudges over this, but Seeking Alpha is no longer a business model that I want to be part of.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com
Click Here To Scroll Thru My Recent Post List

Last 10 Posts


Copyright 2009 Mike Shedlock. All Rights Reserved.
View My Stats