Mish Moved to MishTalk.Com Click to Visit.
The war in Ukraine is going so well that soldiers are unpaid and men are ordered to serve whether they want to or not.
Hats off to a group of women who confront a Ukrainian soldier and burn military writs right in front of the soldier's face.
Writ Burning Video
Video link: Ukrainians Burn Writs
- Woman to Ukrainian soldier: Who are you?
- Soldier: I am the head of the local recruiting center.
- Woman: Why are you bringing military writs?
- Soldier: It's an order from above. I can't explain all the details but you can read about it on the internet
- Soldier: When did you get the writs?
- Very disgruntled woman: Yesterday evening.
- Another Woman: This one we got recently.
- Soldier: Yes, we're sending those to put the potential recruits under control.
- Yet another woman: We don't need it. We don't need any war.
- Multiple women chime in with the same thing at once about not wanting war.
- Very disgruntled woman: We've been told that the police will handle those who refuse to sign the writs for mobilization. What does that mean?
- Soldier: It's an official order for total mobilization.
- Another woman: We've been told those fairy tales many times. They told us those who refuse to go to war will go to jail for 5 years.
- Soldier: I ask you, did we take anyone to war so far?
- Woman: When you take someone it will be too late to worry.
- Another woman: We've never been on Maidan. We didn't touch anyone. We don't need it.
- Very angry man gesturing: Take your recruit list and make sure no one will be taken to war.
- Soldier - finally admitting the truth: They will take your sons anyway.
- Same angry Man: Who will take them?
- Soldier: The state
- Same angry man: We don't give a damn about your country and your war!
- Large group gathers writs and sets them on fire.
- Background conversation: mostly untranslated but also containing We are sickened of the authorities.
- More background conversation: The authorities flee like rats from a sinking ship, but they come here and take our sons and send them to death. They all made the mess and now they need us to clean it up.
- Fire takes hold
- Another woman: Those who wanted all this, let them go to war! We never needed this nor Maidan.
- Cars stop, many more people including more men watch on the periphery.
- Writs go up in ashes. Many still confront the soldier
Congratulations to all those who told the soldier to go to hell. No better way than burning draft papers and refusing to serve.
Video Link: Country Joe at Woodstock
Voltaire: “It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.”
Tom Robbins: “There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.”
Thought of the day: The Vietnam war would have ended years before it did if everyone would have refused to serve. A big F U was called for. Too few did it. My number never came up, but I am proud of the fact I resolved not to go. And I assure you I wouldn't have. History has proven that point of view was the correct one.
By the way, I disagree with the second quote. Killing in self defense or defense of your family makes perfect sense.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock