Mish Moved to MishTalk.Com Click to Visit.
Al Qaeda forces are within 50 miles of Baghdad. Some reports say 30 miles. Meanwhile, al-Qaeda forces announce rules for Iraqi territory they now control: Repent or Die.
The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham has set out a list of rules for residents of Mosul as it seeks to impose its Islamist rules on Iraq's second city.ISIS Militants Push Towards Baghdad
Referring to the area by its ancient name, Nineveh, the group says it has a clear set of instructions for the remaining occupants of the city and surrounding area.
Firstly it tells "anyone who is asking," who its members are and what it is about: "We are soldiers of Islam and we've taken on our responsibility to bring back glory of the Islamic Caliphate."
- All Muslims in the city have been instructed to attend mosque for the five daily prayers. Any one of its members who breach this promise will have their hands cut off.
- No drugs, no alcohol and no cigarettes
- All shrines, graveyards and monuments will be destroyed
- All women must dress in concealing clothing that preserve decency. Females should only go outside "if necessary".
Al Qaeda confirms that it seized up to half a billion dollars from the Mosul branch of the Bank of Iraq but states it can be trusted with the funds.
The Guardian has a Live Blog on the Iraq: reports ISIS Militants Push Towards Baghdad - Live.
Interested parties can see gruesome images of heads being cut off and other atrocities on ZeroHedge.
Thank George Bush for his nation building "mission accomplished".
You can also thank former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld, warmongers like John McCain, and Hillary Clinton and Democrats who authorized the war. Finally, please thank president Obama for making matters worse.
This is what happens when the US goes about nation building, and messing around in the internal affairs of other countries.
For further reading ...
- Iraq Before and After
- Assessing the Blame for Iraq: Bush, Obama, McCain, Others; Iraq Sunken Costs
- Remaking Iraq
Mike "Mish" Shedlock