Obamacare Support at Record Low 35%; Obamacare Named "Lie of the Year"; Bait and Switch; Obamacare Roundup; Meltdown Coming?
Mish Moved to MishTalk.Com Click to Visit.
It's been a while since I commented on Obamacare. Given news comes out every day, nearly all of it negative, I have shown restraint. Tonight, here's a recap of what you may have missed.
Obamacare Support at Record Low 35%
Today, December 23, a CNN poll finds Obamacare support at all-time low.
- 35% support the healthcare law, a 5 percentage point drop in less than a month
- 62% oppose the law, up 4 percentage points from November.
- 60% of women oppose Obamacare, up 6 percentage points from November
- 43% oppose Obamacare because it is too liberal
- 15% Oppose Obamacare because it isn't liberal enough
- 63% believe the new law will increase what they will have to pay for medical care
- 42% believe they will be worse off under Obamacare personally.
I have gathered a huge number of Obamacare links in the past few weeks that I did not have time to comment on. Here are a few of them. This is by no means a complete list.
Obamacare Roundup, Last Two Weeks
- November 25 CNBC: No security ever built into Obamacare site: Hacker
- December 3 CNBC: Obamacare enrollment error rate still secret as more sign up
- December 4 Washington Post: Few uninsured young people say they’ll sign up for Obamacare
- December 5 Fiscal Times: Millennials Jump Ship over Obamacare Bait and Switch
- December 5 Huffington Post: Nasty Surprise May Await People Who Thought They Enrolled In Obamacare
- December 6 Washington Examiner: Doctors boycotting California's Obamacare exchange
- December 13 Fiscal Times: Obama’s Health Care Promise Named “Lie of the Year”
- December 16 Fiscal Times: The Obamacare Delays Just Keep on Coming
- December 18 PJ Media: Obamacare exchange pulls expensive hipster ads
- December 22 PJ Media: Obamacare Debacle Continues in Oregon
- December 22 Fox News: Oregon health exchange tells applicants to go elsewhere if not covered Jan. 1
- December 23 US News & World Report: Merry Christmas: Obamacare Enrollment Deadline Extended Again
- December 23 Washington Post (update): Obama administration quietly extends health-care enrollment deadline by a day
The final link above is interesting. The URL title is "obama-administration-secretly-extends-health-care-enrollment-deadline".
I guess it's not much of a secret.
Please note the political spectrum in the above links encompasses everything between the Huffington Post and Fox News. That's quite an accomplishment!
Let's finish up with a highlight from the Washington Post:
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) says Obamacare could suffer ‘complete meltdown’
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Sunday that Obamacare could be headed for a "complete meltdown" if costs rise too fast and people are unhappy with their coverage.Even Democrats are distancing themselves from this disaster.
“If it’s so much more expensive than what we anticipated, and if the coverage is not as good as what we've had, you’ve got a complete meltdown at that time,” Manchin said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
The senator said such a situation would result in the law collapsing under "its own weight."
Manchin has been pushing for a one-year delay in the individual mandate -- the requirement that people carry health insurance or pay a penalty. He said that delay would allow the product some time to work its way into the market.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock