In 2013 France stood out as the perfect model of economic ineptitude. It's very difficult to be perfect at anything, even failure. France managed. Here are some headlines.
- December 19, 2013: 50 Foreign Companies Operating in France Sound the Alarm
- December 16, 2013: Sharp Decline in France PMI; Private Sector Employment Drops 21st Time in 22 Months
- December 10, 2013: French Industrial Output Drops Unexpectedly; France Finance Minister in Complete Denial; Expect the Unexpected
- December 04, 2013: Taxed to the Point of No Recovery; France Plans Tougher "Exit Tax" November 17, 2013: France Tax Revenues €5.5 Billion Lower than Expected; Poll Shows 92% Do Not Believe Hollande's Tax Promises
- November 29, 2013: Montebourg Targets UGAP Over "Made in France"
- November 03, 2013: "France is Not a Cash Cow"; Riots Over Ecotax Continue; Is Anyone Happy?
- October 25, 2013: Made in France: Montebourg Ridiculed in Text and Pictures; France Goes After "Red Bull" Energy Drinks to Finance Social Security
- October 18, 2013: Still More France Economic Idiocies: New Rent Price Controls, Mandatory Rental Insurance, "Unfair Competition" Laws
- October 10, 2013: Law of Career Security: France's Minister of Digital Economy Orders Telecom Companies "to be Virtuous and Patriotic" and to Use Alcatel-Lucent to Prevent Layoffs
- October 03, 2013: France Vows to "Save the Bookstores", Fixes Price of Books, Bans Free Shipping by Amazon
- August 20, 2013: Socialist Delusion: France Promises Full Employment, a Third Industrial Revolution, an Affordable Housing Utopia in 10 Years
- May 31, 2013: Bad Weather in France to Blame For ...
- May 30, 2013: Simmering Feud Between France and Germany Erupts Into Verbal Warfare; France Tells Brussels to Shove It
- May 24, 2013: France Private Sector Implosion Continues
- May 15, 2013: Triple Dip Recession in France; It's Not the Weather
- May 11, 2013: Germany France Feud Erupts Again; German Central Bank Head Blasts France
- April 02, 2013: Hollande Orders Employers to Pay 75% Tax; Top Executives Join France Exodus
- March 21, 2013: Le Monde Headline "No, France is Not Bankrupt"
- March 12, 2013: Housing Construction in France Lowest in 50 Years; Hollande Responds With Measures to Support Building "For the Public Good"
- March 10, 2013: France Postpones Austerity and Deficit Targets for Rest of 2013
- February 27, 2013: France Unemployment Highest Since 1997
- February 21, 2013: France Sinks Further Into Gutter; PMI Accelerates to 4-Year Low; "Core" of Europe Now Consists of Germany Only
- February 19, 2013: Incredible Letter from CEO of Titan to France Minister of Industrial Renewal, Blasting French Unions and USA: "How Stupid Do You Think We Are?"
- January 28, 2013: Hard Times: Dijon France Sells Half of Prized Wine Collection to Help Those Appealing for Social Aid
Mike "Mish" Shedlock