MISH'S
Global Economic
Trend Analysis

Recent Posts

Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:16 PM


"Audit The Fed" and "Got Gold?" - Stamp the Messages Lovingly Everywhere


Mish Moved to MishTalk.Com Click to Visit.

In response to Money Talks, Google Walks, Other Potpourri, specifically the section about Iranians stamping their currency with slogans such as "Death to the Dictator" and "Down with Khamenei", Reader "$Bill" has this suggestion:

Hey Mish – I loved your piece today about Iranians stamping their currency with “death to the dictator’, a bloody hand imprint, etc.

I think that your readers should all go out and have rubber stamps made (@ $10 anywhere) that say “Audit the Fed” and stamp every damn Federal Reserve note that passes through their hands.

Of course it’s illegal to deface the currency, but “extremism in defense of liberty is no vice”.

I just went down to my local little bank and got a wad of nice fresh crispy $1 bills and plan to stamp them and go spend them this afternoon.

$Bill
Inquiring minds may be interested to learn that Barry Goldwater is the source of that quote.
I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.
The first and second quotes above are from his acceptance Speech as the 1964 Republican Presidential candidate. The third quote is from pg 15. The Conscience of A Conservative (1960).

  • "Audit The Fed"
  • "Got Gold?"
  • "End The Fed"

Use your imagination and Stamp the Messages Lovingly Everywhere.
Stamp them on all the bills you pay.
Anyplace the message will be seen and handled by someone.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com
Click Here To Scroll Thru My Recent Post List

Last 10 Posts


Copyright 2009 Mike Shedlock. All Rights Reserved.
View My Stats