MISH'S
Global Economic
Trend Analysis

Recent Posts

Thursday, February 04, 2010 10:19 PM


Rapid Transit Salaries: A Look at the Beloved BART


Mish Moved to MishTalk.Com Click to Visit.

My "California Banker" friend writes:

Hey Mish

Check out the compensation levels for public employees of BART, the Bay Area Rapid Transit authority. It’s the light rail servicing the greater San Francisco Bay Area. As overpaid compensation levels go for municipal employees, BART might close to the top of the list.

"CB"
As suggested, I did a quick perusal of BART Salaries.

click on charts for sharper image



40 pages deep I found this



Why So Little?

The above images show two station agents making approximately $85,000 a year.

Inquiring minds just might be asking "Why So Little?"

Indeed, I am rather puzzled over this immense travesty of justice. After all, BART station agents are highly renown worldwide for their politeness, helpfulness, and willingness to assist customers above and beyond the call of duty.

Moreover, I feel obliged to point out that station agents must meet the stringent requirements of having a high school diploma or GED equivalent.

Upon further reflection I am quite sure my California Banker friend meant to say "As underpaid compensation levels go for municipal employees, BART might be close to the top of the list."

If you live in the Bay area, please contact the mayor and your city council representatives stating your willingness for further tax hikes to provide much needed raises for the underloved, underappreciated, and underpaid BART employees.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com
Click Here To Scroll Thru My Recent Post List

Last 10 Posts


Copyright 2009 Mike Shedlock. All Rights Reserved.
View My Stats